Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break

Dom, baby Dominic and I headed to Lake Cavanaugh for Spring break. It is our favorite place to vacation, anytime of year. Dom gets to fish, hike and take the dog on long walks and we love it there for the peacefulness and beauty.


A view of Lake Cavanaugh from our cabin

This spring break, Dom's sister Tracie and her husband John and their two adorable kids, Jason (3) and Ryan (8mths) came to stay with us for 5 days. It was the first time we had seen them since our wedding (almost 2 years ago!) and we had a great time!!

It was so fun to have all of the cousins together too. They are so adorable!! It will be so fun to watch the grow up. John and Tracie, we wish you lived closer!!
Jason, Ryan & Dominic

The two babies. They are so cute and chubby!!

While they were here, we went to Seattle for a day. I love that city, especially on a sunny day (which we unfortunately did not have), but we still had a great time. We spent some time at Pike Place Market where we ate some great seafood, saw the first Starbucks, and of course went to the Space Needle (we didn't go up though...$16/person, crazy!! I would rather use that money and get a pedicure!)
Baby Dominic spent most of the time in the front pack on his daddy. He prefers that to his stroller.
Dom and his nephew Jason having fun.

The Space Needle

After John and Tracie left (we were so sad to see them go...we can't wait for the next time!!), my parents came out to the cabin for a few days. It was fun to hang out with them and talk. Dom and dad spent a lot of time in the fishing boat. The weather cleared up a little bit too. :)

We were sad to leave the Lake and can't wait to go back again. This was Dominic's first of many trips to the cabin. It is so special for me to have him up there, because I have been going to Lake Cavanaugh since I was a baby, it really feels like home to me, as our family moved around a lot growing up. And now I am bringing my baby up there. I love it, it is my favorite place to be!!!
From the Lake, we headed up to my grandparents in Lynnwood, Wa. It was so fun to spend the weekend with them. Baby Dominic had a great time with his great-grandma too.
He loves books, and anytime you read to him, he really looks at the pictures and listens to you. It's so fun to see his growth. He is definitely out of the newborn stage now. I love this age, he is so smiley all the time. Great grandma (a former teacher) loves spending time with him, and Dominic's favorite place was on her lap. :)
Great grandpa got some time with him too. ;) He, Dom and my dad are looking forward to the time when they can take Dominic fishing. He will probably be fishing before he starts walking!

While we were at my grandparents house, we were so lucky to be in the area while my 4th cousin Marvin and his wife Lisa and daughter Amélie (Dominic's 5th cousin), were here visiting from France. They are missionaries in France, and when I was living in Lyon in 02-03 (I can't believe it was that long ago! La France me manque!!) I visited them quite a few times. I was so excited to see them again (We were able to see them at the lake this past summer while they were in America). We had fun visiting and I hope the next time we see them, it will be at their house in France :) (I really want to take Dom there to see where I lived!)
Amélie, Lisa & Marvin

We had such a great spring break and are really looking forward to this summer when Dom had more time off. 10 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment