Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cloth Diapers

I never thought I would say this, but we are using cloth diapers. Sometime during the end of my pregnancy we were going over the budget and I realized just how much we would save by using cloth and so I started researching more. Although in the long run we would still come out saving over $500 the first year and $800 the second, we could not afford the upfront cost of cloth.

A couple weeks ago, Dom and I were spending time with my cousin's family in Washington and we were given 30 cloth diapers...a big enough supply for me to wash once or twice a week and to last him until he is potty trained!! They are the nicest kind you can by, nicer than the kind I wanted to get us (because I was trying to go the cheapest route)!

I am now two weeks into it and I can't believe how easy it is! I am using a 5 gallon sealed bucket to store them in between washing, which completely contains the smell. I wash and dry them twice a week and it is so easy!! I am using Bumkins all in one diapers that are just like disposable with plastic outside and cloth on the inside, they velcro shut, no pins or covers required. And they can be washed and dried. So easy!!

I am so thankful for this because we are now able to use the extra money to continue to pay off our student loans and work towards becoming financially free. It is such an answer to prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment