Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bonding

Dom is returning to work this week. :( He has actually been working 3-5 days a week throughout the summer with classes and paid training through the district and has had 3 weeks completely off in July. So we will just be seeing a little less of him in the fall. I love that he is a teacher because it gives us so much family time. He can get home from work as early as 3:30, so he has lots of time with Dominic before he goes to bed.

Dom has had some great bonding time with Dominic this summer. Dominic LOVES his daddy and wants to spend more and more time with him (it could be because he is the one that throws him around and does all of the things that mommy is too scared to do!). Dominic is constantly reaching for his daddy. This is a little hard for me because I am used to this role, but I am SO grateful that Dom is such an amazing, loving, involved daddy! I have heard from friends that at some point babies (especially little boys) will want to spend all of their time with their daddies, so I knew it was coming. And it melts my heart to watch the two of them together. God has truly blessed us so richly in this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment