Friday, May 22, 2009

Dominic is now 5 months old!!


Time continues to fly by. I feel like I blink and it is the end of the week. Dom and I talk about how it seems like Dominic gets bigger overnight and it seems to be so true. I get a weight check on him every month because we are so amazed at his growth (weight wise!) and so it is fun to guess how much he will weigh whenever I go in. He is now...18 pounds!!! It's crazy!!! No wonder my arms are getting big! Dom calls his arms a skin shirt because there is so much fat that his wrists have disappeared! :)

Look at the rolls on his arm!! Can you find his wrist??

We are very thankful and blessed that he is so healthy and big considering his small beginnings (5 lb 14 oz at birth). And he is now in the 90th percentile for weight, which is amazing considering he was born premature at 36 weeks 3 days (almost a month early).
Dominic loves books and loves to look at the pictures and hear us read to him. I also read, sing and speak to him in French. This is one of his many french books he has.

The seat he is in, as well as the book are gifts from Diana from France. Dominic loves this chair!

Dominic is spending more time on his tummy. He still loves to play in his exersaucer, as well as on his play mat. He is now talking a lot and blowing raspberries all the time. It is so neat to see how strong he is!

We still take him to care group (our Bible study group from church) and he is getting a little noisy :). The group is very child friendly and I can take Dominic with me as long as I want. There are 10 couples and a total of 18 children with 2 more on the way! We meet twice a month, every other Thursday, and love it! I have only left Dominic a few times with Dom or my mom and only when he is sleeping. I'm just not ready yet and he doesn't take a bottle or pacifier so it makes it a little difficult to do. But I don't mind, because he is only a baby for so long! I want to cherish every minute!!

Dominic sleeps for 12 hours at night, with one stretch of 5-7 hours. He wakes up a total of 2 -3 times. I am thankful to be getting more rest now, although I still don't know what it feels like to sleep more than 5 hours at a time. Even when he sleeps longer I still wake up to check up on him! During the day he will take a 30 min nap 3 or 4 times a day. It's not very long, but he will sleep anywhere! Carseat, frontpack, crib, or his favorite, in my arms! When I am really tired I will nap with him, and he will sleep longer (up to 2 hours!) when I am next to him!
I love watching him sleep

Having a baby has been the biggest change in our lives, but the best ever! We love him so much!!
Family picture taken on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment