Thursday, June 18, 2009

6 months

I have to post several of these pictures, they are just too cute! He is letting me take pictures of him again (the past month he was trying to reach for the camera instead of smiling!) I guess he is used to me putting the camera in his face!
The latest with Dominic is:
-passing a toy from one hand to another
-sitting and playing with his toys
-while on his tummy, he will turn around, completing 1/2 a circle
-reaching his arms out to be held
-when holding him, he will put his sweet little arms around my neck and put his hands on my shoulder
-he no longer likes to listen to the story, he is more interested in turning the pages!
-sleeping with mommy in bed whenever he can
-eating solids (more on this in a later post!!)
-laughing constantly
-flirting (he catches peoples eye and will smile at them in a store)
-laughing and smiling all the time!

I feel so blessed to stay at home with Dominic. I am selfish, I don't want to miss a minute of being with my little boy. I knew I always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but I didn't know how much work it was to take care of an active boy and a house! My mom reminded me of a cute poem she had framed in my baby room:

Cleaning and cooking can wait 'till tomorrow
for babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow
so fly away cobwebs, dust go to sleep
for I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!

I think of this often, because it can be easy to get caught up in housework. Tonight, I put Dominic to bed and started cleaning the kitchen. After an hour or so, he woke up crying (it breaks my heart when he does that). I stopped what I was doing and sat and rocked him for awhile until he fell back to sleep. It was so peaceful, rocking and comforting Dominic. I love that part of being a mommy, knowing that I can comfort and love my child. That's what it is about, not trying to get everything done on my list (my kitchen is still needing some attention), but taking care of the needs of my child, whatever they may be. I love that Dom told me that he would rather I spend my time at home playing with Dominic and taking care of his needs instead of busily trying to clean and get things done. When Dom comes home, he spends time with Dominic and then I can work on the house and cooking. And I am not stressed from trying to multitask with a baby and chores, etc. I can't thank you enough Dom, for all of your hard work in providing for our family. I am blessed beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment