Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sweet little stories

One of Dominic's favorite things is eating (it is obvious by his weight!!). He used to take 1 1/2 hours to nurse in the first month, then it was down to 30-45 minutes and now he can eat between 5-15 minutes! He is a fast eater now!! I have to admit that nursing him is one of the sweetest things in the world. Not only is it the best nutrients he can get, the right temperature, the best antibodies, is helpful in preventing ear infections (the list goes on and on), but the bonding is so sweet. Lately I like to play classical music and lullabies when he eats and we rock and I will hum with the music (or sing) if he isn't too distracted by it at the moment. Well, yesterday I was humming to him and he stopped eating, looked at me and started making little singing sounds back to me (yes, he was distracted again!). But it was the sweetest thing, rocking and singing to each other, I didn't mind at all. :) Sometimes he will stop eating and look at me and smile and then go back to nursing, but this singing to me was a first!

Dominic usually wakes up in the middle of the night to eat (sometimes 2 or 3 times), and if I am really tired I will bring him to bed with us and he nurses when he needs to and I get more rest that way (Dominic loves this!). Well, last night he woke up at 3 am, ate and then I changed him and he was wide awake when I put him in his crib. He was laughing and making babble sounds and kicking his legs and moving his arms like he was making snow angels! It was hilarious! Dom woke up because of it and came over to look and Dominic saw him and started laughing and continued to move around in his crib!! This was a first! Hopefully not a pattern either. After 10 minutes I picked him up and started rocking him in my arms and he gradually fell back to sleep (thankfully!).

No comments:

Post a Comment