Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dominic is sitting!!!

There was lots of excitement in the Herrick household yesterday, June 2nd. Dominic sat by himself for the first time at 5 months, 2 weeks and 2 days old!!!!!! Here's how it began: Yesterday morning after I finished changing him, I pulled him up to a sitting position (although he usually goes straight to standing!). But this morning he was fascinated with a new toy (wait till you hear what it was!). He sat propped forward a little so he could reach for the crinkly wipes package (yes, his new favorite toy is a costco diaper wipes package...forget all the toys we bought him!). I let go for a second and he just sat there. I continued to let him sit, ready to catch him at the slightest moment he would fall but he didn't, he just sat there playing, fascinated with his "new toy"!! I was really excited, but thought it was because he was propped forward, so I decided to try it again on the floor in our living room. I got him set up again with the wipes and this is what happened: (Watch the progression in the next three pictures)

It was the real thing! He sat for a long time!! A couple times he started to fall back and he caught himslef (he's learning to balance!). The first time he balanced himself he got a big smile on his face as though he knew he accomplished something big! Here is a video of him sitting.



Well I was so excited that we went to visit daddy at work, and then to my parents house to show them Dominic's big accomplishment!

Sitting for daddy at work

Sitting for grandpa and grandma

He sat for an even longer time! I was so proud!

And look closely at what he discovered when he sat up this time:

His toes!!!

We are so very proud of our baby boy who is growing up so quickly!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment